Contest-Winning BLT Pizza
A friend shared the recipe for this cold pizza that gets its crispy crust from refrigerated crescent roll dough. My co-workers especially like it when I bring this refreshing snack in to work.
3-4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place on a lightly
- greased 14-in. pizza pan with points toward the center. Press dough
- onto the bottom and up the sides of pan, forming a crust; seal
- perforations. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden
- brown. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and mustard; spread over
- crust. Sprinkle with lettuce, bacon, tomato, onions and cheese.
- Yield: 6-8 slices.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.