- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef and chilies over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, cumin and chili powder. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Separate crescent dough into 24 triangles. Place 1 tablespoon of beef mixture along the short side of each triangle; carefully roll up.
- Place point side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Beef Stuffed Crescents
Sort By :
"Fun idea, but I did not like the cream cheese in the mixture. It made it way too thick for my taste. I won't be making it again"
"Made these exactly to the recipe the first time, they were good, but a little bland. The next time I added a few red pepper flakes, some frozen mixed vegetables, onion & garlic to the meat. Delish!! My whole family loved them and they were a complete meal-to-go with protein, vegetables and bread. Even better as left-overs. A little messy to put together, but well worth the effort"
"I really like this recipe. I used home made puff pastry since I did not have any crescent rolls, and that worked great. I took these appetizers to a gathering of friends and they loved them."
"I use hot italian sausage when I make these instead of beef and a tablespoon of sugar. AWESOME! Always a pleaser."
"I have made this recipe several times and my family loves it. The first few times I made it exactly as called for. I like to experiment, so I've tried a few variations. My oldest son's favorite variation I cook a chopped onion with the beef and add some garlic powder. My youngest son likes it when I make it 1/2 pound of beef and a 1/2 pound of spicy sausage and a little onion. My husband likes all variations. Ha! It is a great recipe and is very versatile. In fact, this will probably be what we have for supper because it really does go together fairly fast. Happy cooking!"