- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 12 hoagie buns, split
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the meatballs, onion, brown sugar, soup mix and beer. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until heated through.
- Place six meatballs on each bun bottom. Sprinkle each sandwich with 1/4 cup cheese. Place on baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace bun tops. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Bavarian Meatballs
Sort By :
"I thought this was a solid and different kind of recipe....I made around the holidays as a fast meal for guests. It was tasty and appealing, for the adults. I would make again, although stick with this for the grown ups."
"My husband really liked them, kids not so much."
"This recipe was fantastic! It was easy to cook using the slow cooker and my entire family loved it and asks for it often!"
"This recipe is excellent. My entire family loved it!"
"These have such great flavor i drizzled just a bit of ranch over the top and so yummy!!! These will also be great as just an appitizer will be making again for sure!!"