Contest-Winning Barbecued Spareribs Recipe
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds pork spareribs
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine the first four ingredients; rub over ribs. For sauce, combine the remaining ingredients; set aside.
- 2. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect heat and medium-low coals for 1 hour, turning occasionally. Add 10 briquettes to coals. Grill 30 minutes longer, basting both sides several times with sauce or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
12 ounce-weight: 762 calories, 56g fat (19g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 938mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 48g protein .
Reviews for Contest-Winning Barbecued Spareribs
"bland - would not make again"
"My family's favourite recipe. I add 1/2c brown sugar (or lately palm sugar) to the sauce"