Contest-Winning Barbecued Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup A.1. steak sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, steak sauce, sherry or apple juice and honey. Transfer 1/3 cup sauce to another bowl; set aside for serving.
- 2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), basting frequently with remaining sauce. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 403 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 937 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Barbecued Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.