Contest-Winning Barbecued Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup A.1. steak sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, steak sauce, sherry or apple juice and honey. Transfer 1/3 cup sauce to another bowl; set aside for serving.
- 2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), basting frequently with remaining sauce. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 403 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 937 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Barbecued Pork Chops
"Wasn't sure about the amount of steak sauce in the sauce, but really turned out well. The chops were moist and the sauce was just delicious. Perfect for one of the first things we've grilled this early spring in Wisconsin."
"We really like this recipe. It is one of my Son's favorites and he can even make it himself!"
"Simple and tasty! I used the stove top instead of the grill, and it turned out great."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.