Contest-Winning Barbecued Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/3 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup A.1. steak sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Mix first four ingredients; reserve 1/3 cup sauce for serving.
- 2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Place on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-6 minutes per side, brushing frequently with remaining sauce after turning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 teaspoons sauce: 299 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 771mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Barbecued Pork Chops
"Wasn't sure about the amount of steak sauce in the sauce, but really turned out well. The chops were moist and the sauce was just delicious. Perfect for one of the first things we've grilled this early spring in Wisconsin."
"We really like this recipe. It is one of my Son's favorites and he can even make it himself!"
"Simple and tasty! I used the stove top instead of the grill, and it turned out great."