Contest-Winning Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Whipped topping and additional banana slices, optional
- 1. Place butter in a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Heat, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in crumbs and sugar until combined.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of plate. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until crust is firm and holds together. Cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
- 4. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir a small amount of hot liquid into egg yolks. Gradually return to the bowl, stirring constantly. Cook 30-60 seconds longer or until bubbly, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir in the butter, vanilla and salt until butter is melted. Cool for 20 minutes, stirring several times.
- 5. Arrange bananas in crust. Top with filling. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Top with whipped topping and additional bananas if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 308 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Banana Cream Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.