“I wanted to recreate a light version of a restaurant pizza my friends and I used to get all the time in college. Here's what I came up with!” -Charlotte Hedke of Brownstown, Michigan
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 6 turkey bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and pat dry.
- Unroll dough onto a 14-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter with garlic; brush over dough.
- Arrange potato slices in a single layer over dough; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheeses. Bake at 400° for 22-28 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with bacon, onions and chives. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 12 pieces.
Originally published as Baked Potato Pizza in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p39
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Baked Potato Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review