“This recipe came to me after watching a friend grill fish in foil. The flavors are great. You can also use flounder or cod.” —Barbara Schindler, Napoleon, Ohio
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onions, bacon and celery until vegetables are tender and bacon is crisp; drain. Add the tomato, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Drizzle fillets with lemon juice. Top with vegetable mixture. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Tilapia Packets in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Confetti Tilapia Packets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review