- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onions, bacon and celery until vegetables are tender and bacon is crisp; drain. Add the tomato, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Drizzle fillets with lemon juice. Top with vegetable mixture. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Confetti Tilapia Packets
Sort By :
I used cod & served it to my husband who's not a fish fan but eats it because it's good for him. We both loved it! I'll definitely fix this again & serve it next time we have company. Also, put the packets in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes (out of gas for the grill) They were perfect!
Cooked the bacon in advance and oven cooked the fish at 425F for 15 minutes. Was absolutely delightful!
Making this again tonight......we ALL loved it! I would cook the bacon 1st then add the other items. This time I'm also adding zucchini thinly sliced. It so delicious and yummy!
I just got my magazine today, and I felt like tilapia, so I opened it and found this. Great recipe. The only changes I would make is I think next time I will cook the bacon separately, I couldn't get the bacon crisp and the veggies not overcooked. I also added zucchini.