Confetti Succotash Recipe
This vegetable dish perks up any meal with its vibrant ingredients and refreshing flavors! Nicole Willis - Las Vegas, NV
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 171 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC