Confetti Succotash Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 171 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Confetti Succotash
"This was very good. I actually used GreenGiant Niblets Corn in Butter Sauce and a 15-ounce can of drained Lima Beans. I prefer to use Flav-R-Pac , a frozen blend of chopped onion, celery, red pepper, green pepper and parsley found in the frozen vegetable section, for ease of preparation. Picsweet is another good brand. With the addition of the sliced green onion,dried marjoram and seasonings this was a simple & delicious side dish."
"This was very good, healthy and colorful! I used a bag of frozen soycutash that I get from Trader Joe's that has edamame rather than lima beans, and sweet red pepper and really sweet corn in it. The green onion and cream and marjoram was a nice addition. Will definitely make it again!"