- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, salt, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne. Drain spaghetti; add to the beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Confetti Spaghetti
Sort By :
i made this for supper tonight and it was a hit with everyone! I did add oregano and basil!
Very tasty!! A new twist for spaghetti. My daughter is always asking for spaghetti so for a change of pace I made this for her, she loved it!. Simple to make and you have all ingredients in the cupboard.
I made this dish when I first saw it in the TASTE OF HOME cookbook. My family loved it, especially our oldest son. Always made it for him when he came home on leave or special occassions for him. I use the diced tomatos that are flavred with Italian seasonings. This is a favorite pot luck also. Can't go wrong with this one!
WOW - this is GOOD! Very similar to comfort food my mother used to make - she used sliced green olives instead of green pepper. My husband is not a casserole lover but I made him eat it and he enjoyed it too. Definitely will make again - a keeper.
Sound so good!! Can't wait to try this. Have been looking for a simple, easy to make spaghetti sauce recipe!! Love that it's all combined!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Spaghetti >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >