Confetti Spaghetti Pie Recipe
Getting everyone to the dinner table is never a problem when I bake up this great pie. It's filling, plus it's packed with vitamins from all the veggies.—Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Break spaghetti in half; cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss the spaghetti and eggs. Stir in peas, beans, broccoli, tomato mixture, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes. run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 255 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Confetti Spaghetti Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC