- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Break spaghetti in half; cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the spaghetti and eggs. Stir in peas, beans, broccoli, tomato mixture, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes. run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Spaghetti Pie in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p218
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Confetti Spaghetti Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review