Confetti Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, salt, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne. Drain spaghetti; add to the beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Confetti Spaghetti
Sort By :
"Love this casserole! It's like spaghetti meats chili, so it's a crowd pleaser. Even for the kids!"
"I have made this recipe many times since it was first published. I always use a 16oz jar of spaghetti sauce and a can of Rotel in lieu of the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Sometimes I substitute ground italian sausage for a portion of the hamburger meat. It's always tastes delicious and every time I serve it to company, they love it."
"This was a quick and easy dish to prepare, put it in the fridge for one of my late work nights so hubby had it out and heating up when I got home. Does need a little more sauce and the seasonings seemed to cook out but not sure if that was because it had been refrigerated or not. I could still catch the cayenne pepper so we just added a bit of salt and pepper on top and it was very good. Just a small amount leftover from 2 of us and he ate it the next day. Will definitely make it again."
"This was just ok. Nothing special or fancy here. Basically spaghetti baked in the oven. I've had other baked spaghetti recipes that were better."
"I love this recipe but I also add additional sauce and like to use small egg noodles instead of spaghetti. It holds together better and is easier to eat. It's also nice to change the cheese to Italian Blend (pre-shredded in bag).Always a winner at potlucks!"