Confetti Soup Recipe
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced rutabaga
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter, optional
- 1 cup process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 5 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a microwave-safe 3-qt. baking dish, combine carrots, rutabaga, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, water and butter if desired. Cover and microwave on high for 9 minutes or until vegetables are just tender, stirring three times during cooking.
- Stir in cheese, corn, peas and ham; cover and let stand for 1 minute. Add milk, salt, pepper and sugar; cover and microwave on medium-high, stirring three times, for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and soup is heated through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Confetti Soup(1)
Sort By :
I've loved this recipe from the very first time I made it! The variety of veggies makes it a very pretty soup, and of course there is the health benefit of getting all the nutrition from them. Because this isn't slow cooked, while the flavors do blend a bit, they do not meld, so there is still their own distinct tastes in every bite. The thin milk "broth" has just a very light suggestion of cheesiness, and a touch of the veggies comes through, as well. It's a very appealing dish, distinctly different from every other soup I make.