Confetti Scrambled Egg Pockets
Dixie Terry's sunny specialty is a colorful crowd-pleaser. "My eight grandchildren often enjoy these egg-packed pitas for Saturday morning brunch...or with a light salad for supper," she informs from Goreville, Illinois.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups egg substitute
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 6 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the corn, green pepper, onion and
- pimientos in butter for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, eggs, milk and salt;
- pour into skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are
- completely set. Stir in the tomato and green onion. Spoon about 2/3
- cup into each pita half. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 filled pita half) equals 207 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,