The first time I tasted this casserole was at a church supper, and I immediately asked around to find out who made it. I asked the cook to share her recipe, and it has become one of my family's most-requested dishes. —Frances Anderson, Boise, Idaho
Recommended: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup cheese cracker crumbs, divided
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in butter until tender. Stir in the potatoes, soup and milk. Add the cheese, green pepper, pimientos, pepper and 1/2 cup of crumbs.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Scalloped Potatoes in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p33
Reviews for Confetti Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2011
"Our family has been making this recipe for years, it is a tradition every Christmas and Easter!"
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2010
"Easy and very tasty way to do potatoes. My family love it."