Confetti Sausage 'N' Rice Recipe
From Canton, Ohio, Carole Magee shares this economical one-dish wonder. "My husband and I came up with this hearty meal when we were on a tight budget," she writes, "It's still one of our favorites today. I even double it for potlucks."
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2/3 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausage in butter; remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2. In the drippings, saute the onion, peppers and celery until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Return the sausage to the pan; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 587 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1864mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Confetti Sausage 'N' Rice
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2013
"Very good, very easy, and very pretty!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC