In Decatur, Alabama, Mary Kay Dixson relies on her microwave to cook this tender fish in a jiffy. With its sprinkling of bright peppers, the mildly seasoned dish makes a pretty entree for two.
- 2 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- Place the salmon in an ungreased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Rub with Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and salt if desired. Sprinkle peppers on top.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-1/2 to 6 minutes, turning once, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Salmon Steaks in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Confetti Salmon Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2015
"This is fantastic! Very, quick, easy, and tasty. I know I will make this at least once a month."
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2013
"Great flavor and low cal."