Confetti Salmon Steaks
In Decatur, Alabama, Mary Kay Dixson relies on her microwave to cook this tender fish in a jiffy. With its sprinkling of bright peppers, the mildly seasoned dish makes a pretty entree for two.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- Place the salmon in an ungreased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish.
- Rub with Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice; sprinkle with Cajun
- seasoning and salt if desired. Sprinkle peppers on top.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-1/2 to 6 minutes, turning once, or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand, covered, for 2
- minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared without salt) equals 192 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.