Confetti Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 2 (1-1/2 pounds) large potatoes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. Coarsely shred the potatoes, zucchini and carrots; drain and pat dry. Place half of the shredded vegetables and 1/4 cup chopped onion in a food processor or blender; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl; add eggs, flour, garlic, salt, basil, sugar and remaining onion and shredded vegetables.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet, flatten to form patties. Fry until golden brown; turn and cook the second side. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (2 pancakes) equals 148 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.