- 2 (1-1/2 pounds) large potatoes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Coarsely shred the potatoes, zucchini and carrots; drain and pat dry. Place half of the shredded vegetables and 1/4 cup chopped onion in a food processor or blender; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl; add eggs, flour, garlic, salt, basil, sugar and remaining onion and shredded vegetables.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet, flatten to form patties. Fry until golden brown; turn and cook the second side. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Confetti Potato Pancakes
"I thought they were quite good, I didn't get them as crispy as I would have liked, but that was definitely cook's error. :) You can go a million ways with this one, I halved the recipe and got 8 nice sized pancakes and will freeze the leftovers."