Confetti Potato Pancakes Recipe
"My husband's family is Irish, and his mother makes potato pancakes quite often," writes Betsy McDaniels of Colfax, Illinois. "I like to add other vegetables to give them a more colorful look and heartier texture. Crispy on the outside and soft inside, these receive rave reviews, especially when I serve them to my in-laws!"
- 2 (1-1/2 pounds) large potatoes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Coarsely shred the potatoes, zucchini and carrots; drain and pat dry. Place half of the shredded vegetables and 1/4 cup chopped onion in a food processor or blender; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl; add eggs, flour, garlic, salt, basil, sugar and remaining onion and shredded vegetables.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet, flatten to form patties. Fry until golden brown; turn and cook the second side. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Potato Pancakes in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p20
Reviews for Confetti Potato Pancakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >