Confetti Pork Chops
When time is tight, Joan Rose of Langley, British Columbia depends on this fast-to-fix pork chop dish flavored with marjoram. "A helping of this casserole, with its bright blend of vegetables, looks beautiful over a bed of fluffy white rice," she notes.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon stick margarine
- 1 can (28 ounces) no-salt-added tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 boneless pork chops (1 pound), trimmed
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in margarine
- until tender. Stir in tomatoes, corn and marjoram; mix well. Cook 5
- minutes longer or until heated through. Pour vegetable mixture into
- an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish; set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown pork chops for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Arrange over tomato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20
- minutes or until meat juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (calculated without rice) equals 279 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1 starch,