Confetti Pea Salad Recipe
- 1 cup cooked small pasta shells
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, yogurt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the apple and walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cheese, fat-free mayonnaise, reduced-fat salad dressing and fat-free yogurt) equals 365 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.