Confetti Pea Salad
There’s something for every taste in this well-dressed medley from Marie Beardsley of Big Sandy, Texas. Peas, pasta, chicken, apples, walnuts (and more!) make this a hearty main-dish salad you’ll enjoy year-round.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chiliing
- 1 cup cooked small pasta shells
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another
- bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, yogurt and pepper.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for
- at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the apple and walnuts.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cheese, fat-free mayonnaise, reduced-fat salad dressing and fat-free yogurt) equals 365 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium,