There’s something for every taste in this well-dressed medley from Marie Beardsley of Big Sandy, Texas. Peas, pasta, chicken, apples, walnuts (and more!) make this a hearty main-dish salad you’ll enjoy year-round.
- 1 cup cooked small pasta shells
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, yogurt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the apple and walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Pea Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p37
Reviews for Confetti Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review