Confetti Muffins Recipe
These savory herb and vegetable muffins are a nice bread from the usual sweet muffins. Serve them with soups, barbecued entrees or main-dish salads for a meal your family will love.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a skillet, saute onions and peppers in butter until tender. Stir in parsley; cook for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream and mustard. Add onion mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 176 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Confetti Muffins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC