Confetti Meat Loaf Recipe
Carrot, celery, parsley and peppers give great color to this meat loaf, while the unique addition of apple makes it moist.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup each chopped celery, onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, vinegar, bread crumbs, bacon, apple, vegetables, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well.
- 2. Pat into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160° drain. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Confetti Meat Loaf
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2011
"My husband loves this! He said it's his new favorite meatloaf. He had me make it twice in one week."
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2011
"Was very moist, almost too much so for my family. Flavour was great though."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC