- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup each chopped celery, onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, vinegar, bread crumbs, bacon, apple, vegetables, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well.
- Pat into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160° drain. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p34
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Confetti Meat Loaf(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >