Confetti Mashed Potatoes Recipe
These mashed potatoes make a beautiful side dish for any meal. Onion, peppers and cheese add color and flavor to the potatoes. —LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 6 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add peppers and onion; cook 5 minutes longer or until potatoes and vegetables are tender. Drain; mash potato mixture with the cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 287 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Confetti Mashed Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC