Confetti Mashed Potatoes Recipe
These mashed potatoes make a beautiful side dish for any meal. Onion, peppers and cheese add color and flavor to the potatoes. —LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 6 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and onion; cook 5 minutes longer or until potatoes and vegetables are tender. Drain; mash potato mixture with the cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Mashed Potatoes in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p13
Reviews for Confetti Mashed Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review