Confetti Long Grain and Wild Rice Recipe
Summer squash, zucchini and sweet red pepper peek out from the tender grains of rice in this colorful side dish.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice
- 1 small yellow summer squash, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, red pepper, carrot, onions and salt in oil for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Transfer rice to a serving bowl; add vegetable mixture and toss gently. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 95 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC