Confetti Long Grain and Wild Rice Recipe
Summer squash, zucchini and sweet red pepper peek out from the tender grains of rice in this colorful side dish.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice
- 1 small yellow summer squash, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, red pepper, carrot, onions and salt in oil for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Transfer rice to a serving bowl; add vegetable mixture and toss gently. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 95 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Confetti Long Grain and Wild Rice
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2009
"Easy and Excellent!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC