Here's one of my husband's favorite dishes. When it's in season, substitute fresh corn for frozen. Add a dash of cayenne pepper if you like a little heat. —Sheila Gomez, Shawnee, Kansas
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 7 ounces smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning blend
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, onion and mushrooms; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth and seasoning blend, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Kielbasa Skillet in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Confetti Kielbasa Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2014
"Delicious, healthy and easy to make!"