- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 7 ounces smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning blend
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, onion and mushrooms; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth and seasoning blend, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Confetti Kielbasa Skillet
"The chicken broth I had on hand had gone bad so I used beef broth instead. Still tasted good! Both my husband and I agreed that it could use just a bit more meat. Next time I will cut the kielbasa slices in half. I may also back off on the beans a bit. I also found that it needed something extra. Maybe just a bit more salt or some other spice. Either way, I'll be making this again. Very easy!"
"Fast and easy to make. Everyone liked it."
"Fast and everyone loves it."
"Easy to make and healthy. I got rave reviews."