Confetti Jicama Salad Recipe
I love jicama dipped in citrus and sprinkled with salt and jalapenos. I needed to bring a salad to a 4th of July picnic so while I ate my jicama, I decided to use this crunchy vegetable created this salad for the holiday picnic.Jan Ruiz, Yucaipa, California
- 1/2 medium jicama, peeled and julienned
- 1-1/3 cups julienned seedless cucumber
- 1 each small sweet red, orange and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the jicama, cucumber, peppers and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, juice concentrate, oil, garlic and seasonings. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Jicama Salad in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p31
Reviews for Confetti Jicama Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review