"Couscous prepared this way makes a fun and colorful side dish alongside chicken, pork or fish," notes Marla Stewart of Amity, Arkansas. "I've even stirred in pineapple chunks and cooked chicken for a great lunch.
Featured In: 29 Healthy Winter Skillet Meals
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water, lemon juice, peel and salt to a boil. Stir in couscous and peas. Cover; remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in almonds and pimientos. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Couscous in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p12
Reviews for Confetti Couscous
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review