Confetti Couscous Salad Recipe
Bursting with color and flavor, this delightful side dish will take any entree up a notch. Suzanne Kesel — Cohocton, New York
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pine nuts, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- 2. Fluff with a fork. Stir in the beans, corn, red pepper, onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without pinenuts) equals 245 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC