Confetti Couscous Salad Recipe
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pine nuts, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- 2. Fluff with a fork. Stir in the beans, corn, red pepper, onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 245 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Confetti Couscous Salad
"Fantastic recipe! And so simple."
"So yummy. I added 1/3 cup feta which made it just perfect."
"Im sorry I only rated it a two stars, its worth five!! Oh my! It was a instant hit with the family. Im making cookbooks for my kids, and both requested a copy of this for their cookbooks."
"Havent tried it yet..made it to go with dinner tonight....so I will be rating it after. I didnt realize it called for black beans I used white kidney beans. My 15 year old asked what I had made because it smelled so good."
"Recipe is great. Tastes wonderful warm or cold. I needed to add extra lime juice and olive oil to prevent drying out."
"This recipe is good, but I think I prefer the Summer Garden Couscous Salad over it. I bet the two recipes could be combined for a really great salad!"
"This was a wonderful side! I loved the great textures and the cilantro added a fresh, cool flavor that made it hard to pass up."
"This is a good one. I'll definitely make it again."
"I love this recipe!!!!"
"Very tasty. We tossed in some feta and had this as a vegetarian meal. Leftovers were great the next day."
"I made this with quinoa instead of couscous and it was terrific! I used fresh corn (boiled for a few minutes and then stripped from the cob). I thought there would not be enough dressing to go around but the whole dish was nicely flavored so it must not take very much!"
"My husband & I liked this salad, but I would prefer more dressing and will probably double it the next time I make this."