Confetti Cornmeal Muffins Recipe
Pretty flecks of green and red pepper give these moist muffins a colorful look that friends will be drawn to. But after one bite of what a tester described as “the best corn muffins I’ve ever had,” they’ll be hooked on the flavor. —Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- CILANTRO BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in 2 tablespoons butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Melt the remaining butter. Whisk in the eggs and milk until combined. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pepper mixture and cheese.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine spread ingredients. Cool muffins for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm with butter. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin with 2 teaspoons cilantro butter equals 339 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Confetti Cornmeal Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC