Confetti Corn Recipe
This easy corn dish is sure to dress up almost any entree. Glenda Watts of Charleston, Illinois added the crunch of water chestnuts, red pepper and chopped carrot—along with extra nutrition.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. In a large skillet, saute carrot in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the corn, water chestnuts, red pepper and parsley; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 140 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC