Confetti Corn Muffins
Green pepper and shredded carrot add color to these homemade corn muffins from Dolores Hurtt of Florence, Montana. "They are a nice change from sweeter muffins and very good to serve with soup and salad," she says.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and
- salt. In another bowl, combine egg, milk and butter; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrot and green pepper.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 425° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve
- warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One muffin (prepared with fat-free milk) equals 139 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.