Green pepper and shredded carrot add color to these homemade corn muffins from Dolores Hurtt of Florence, Montana. "They are a nice change from sweeter muffins and very good to serve with soup and salad," she says.
Recommended: 25 Surprising Ways to Use Jiffy Mix
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrot and green pepper.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 425° for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Confetti Corn Muffins in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p20
Reviews for Confetti Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review