- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 jar (2 ounces) pimiento strips, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In large bowl, combine muffin mixes and cayenne pepper. In another bowl, mix eggs, corn, buttermilk and 1/4 cup oil until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in cheese, onion, chilies, pimientos and jalapeno.
- Brush remaining oil onto bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan; place in oven 4-5 minutes or until hot. Pour batter into hot pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Corn Bread in Taste of Home February/March 2015, p60
Reviews for Confetti Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review