Confetti Chowder Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimiento, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven. Add the carrots, zucchini, broccoli, onion and celery; cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle flour, salt, pepper and sugar over vegetables; mix well.
- Stir in milk and chicken broth; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add corn, ham, peas and pimiento; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Confetti Chowder(2)
Sort By :
This is a wonderful hearty and healthy chowder. I took it to a potluck lunch for the seniors at the YMCA and it was enjoyed by everyone. Lots of chopping of ingredients, but well worth the effort!
My family loves when I make this. It is always a big hit. Long list of ingredients may look like its a complicated recipe, but it is really very easy to put together.