Confetti Casserole Recipe
To create this comforting casserole, I adapted a recipe from the cookbook that came with my first slow cooker. I love to serve this with fresh bread from my bread maker. - Joy Vincent, Newport, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic powder over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer the potatoes, carrots, beans and corn. Top with beef mixture. Pour tomatoes over the top. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC