Confetti Carrot Fritters
Crispy, sweet and savory, these delicate fritters are a fun twist on the traditional fruit-filled variety. They're yummy served with a mustard dipping sauce, but our kids enjoy them with a drizzle of warm maple syrup, too.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add carrots; cover and boil for
- 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place carrots in ice water. Drain
- and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Combine egg
- yolks and milk; stir into the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in
- the onion, parsley and carrots.