Confetti Carrot Fritters Recipe
Crispy, sweet and savory, these delicate fritters are a fun twist on the traditional fruit-filled variety. They're yummy served with a mustard dipping sauce, but our kids enjoy them with a drizzle of warm maple syrup, too.
- 6 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add carrots; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place carrots in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Combine egg yolks and milk; stir into the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the onion, parsley and carrots.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- 4. In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- 5. For mustard sauce, in a small bowl, combine the parsley, vinegar, mustard and green onion. Slowly whisk in oil until blended. Serve with fritters. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Confetti Carrot Fritters
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC