Confetti Caramel Corn
When throwing a party, you'll want to include handfuls of these sweet bits and pieces. "Made with bright fruit-flavored breakfast cereal, the munchies are a variation of ordinary caramel corn I thought would appeal at a gathering," explains Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas. "But you could also pack the mix into a tin as a gift."
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 7 cups Trix cereal
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place cereal in a large bowl. In a saucepan, combine the butter,
- sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and
- stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and
- baking soda. Pour over cereal and stir to coat. Transfer to greased
- baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 25 minutes, stirring after 15
- minutes. Break apart while warm. Cool completely. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 10 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 266 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.