Confetti Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- 10 pounds cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage and salt; set stand for 2 hours. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, water, mustard seed and celery seed. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- 2. Drain cabbage if desired. Add the celery, carrots and peppers. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for up to 3 months. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 50-60 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 105 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Confetti Cabbage Slaw
"I have always preferred a mayonnaise based slaw, but this recipe changed my mind! I prepared this slaw to feed lots of college students and they loved it too. It freezes well in a freezer bag and takes about a day to thaw. I've made it several times and know it will be a "keeper" recipe for a long time."