For a tart crisp salad, try this slaw. It's perfect for a gathering since you make it well in advance.—Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
- 10 pounds cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and salt; set stand for 2 hours. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, water, mustard seed and celery seed. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- Drain cabbage if desired. Add the celery, carrots and peppers. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for up to 3 months. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 50-60 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Cabbage Slaw in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p54
Reviews for Confetti Cabbage Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review