Confetti Broccoli Slaw Recipe
With its flavorful dressing and flecks of tomato and green pepper, this pretty coleslaw is great for a variety of summertime meals. Instead of purchasing the broccoli coleslaw mix, you can use broccoli stalks—just peel them, then shred in a food processor. You’ll want about 3 cups for this recipe.
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, green pepper, tomato, onion, salt and pepper. In a blender or food processor, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour over coleslaw and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 236 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC