Confetti Beet Salad
Because most of the ingredients are ones I have on hand, this salad is a great choice when I need a quick dish to round out a meal.—Elaina Pacella, Sewaren, New Jersey
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced beets, rinsed and well drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 187 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.