- from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain beans and discard liquid. Add remaining water and contents of
- one seasoning bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 1 hour or until beans are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper sauce if desired. Simmer, uncovered,
- for 20 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- per batch.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 230 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 14 g fiber, 15 g protein.